Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cairo

In case anyone other than my mom was worried about me arriving in Cairo at 3 AM... I made it here safely! And had a good night's sleep.

Oh my God, I'm in Cairo.

It turns out:

1. A white girl can walk around alone in a baggy tshirt and long baggy shorts without getting harassed.
2. There are about 20 horns honking on any street at any given time. Not sure if there are traffic laws or what.
3. I don't actually know Arabic.
4. I don't really know how to get back to where I'm staying from where I am, so I'm going to have to try busting out the Arabic at some point.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ms. Doering said...

Good Luck Liz!

I am hoping you did actually make it back to where you were staying...

Happy Independence Day! I am sure you are having a wonderful time, and I want to hear more about it!

Did you enjoy your trip to Venice?

More importantly, how is Cairo??

Love,
Heather